Thursday, September 15, 2016

Making it Small in Hollywood--response

I think the two pieces suggest that we should not be afraid to fail. It takes a lot of time and hard work to get our artwork to the point where we are satisfied and happy with it. As we are learning how to make art, we need to practice and mess up and fail a good many times before we can get it right. Not every artist can be a prodigy and get it right the first time. It's okay to make art that's just okay. There will be some people that love it, some that hate it, no matter what you do. 

Personally, I am a perfectionist, so it's hard for me to let go of trying to make it perfect the first time. It is difficult to experiment with new mediums because I haven't figured them out yet, which is the reason for experimenting. I have ideas and visions of how my art will turn out, but it's frustrating when it doesn't get there, or if I think it's there but then it doesn't feel right and I need to change something. I guess I just need to let go of my need for perfection and be okay with it not turning out right. I can always try again and again.


Original post: http://397issuesincontemporaryart.blogspot.com/2016/09/httpwww.html

2 comments:

  1. another perfectionist...we should have a perfectionist convention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another perfectionist...we should have a perfectionist convention.

    ReplyDelete